Geoffrey Young wrote:

>> t/modules/expires.t                    92    4   4.35%  13 21 33 45
>> 14 subtests skipped.
>>
>> and that's it.
>
> oh, I see what you mean, you're missing the
>
>   Failed 1/1 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 1/1 subtests failed, 0.00% okay.
>
> line.

actuall, what i'm missing (and wanting) is the

> All tests successful, 7 tests and 14 subtests skipped.
> Files=42, Tests=2355, 68 wallclock secs (48.61 cusr +  3.88 csys = 52.49 CPU)

lines.  (unless the 'subtests skipped' line is respresented by my
'14 subtests skipped' line.)

the total of files and tests is very important for my application.

> however, in this case it may be A-T's fault.  a quick test shows that even
> with 5.6.1 the missing line shows up for non-A-T tests.  furthermore, it's
> sent to STDERR whereas the results you show go to STDOUT. maybe that's the
> problem, STDERR is whacked someplace?  I can't see where, but who knows.

in my case, it's possibly my wrapper that's gobbling the line.  for
pity's sake, why it that going to stderr when everything else is going to
stdout?

erk.  now i'm seeing it, but *only* if all of the tests are successful.
i need to see it regardless, and including the successful/unsuccessful
counts.

oh, bogus.  it looks like that's in Test/Harness.pm -- and it won't get
displayed if there are *any* failures.

bugger.  if the bloody package continues running through the rest of
the tests even after encountering a failure -- which is right, and what
it does -- it should use a uniform report syntax and most certainly *not*
conceal details about the totals.. :-(
--
#ken    P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"