hoi group,

after updating my (i386) 2.2 debian linux to 3.0 (which installed the
following:

uppercase=bad)
||/ Name           Version
Description
ii  tetex-base     1.0.2+20011202 basic teTeX library files
ii  tetex-bin      1.0.7+20011202 teTeX binary files
un  tetex-dev      <none>         (no description available)
ii  tetex-doc      1.0.2+20011202 teTeX documentation
pn  tetex-eurosym  <none>         (no description available)
ii  tetex-extra    1.0.2+20011202 extra teTeX library files
... [further uninstalled packages]
)

I currently see some irritating behaviour in connection with xdvi (which is
xdvi(k) version 22.40f) and the "times"-package:

in latex I use \sc to change the font of the title in some articles. xdvi
shows a title written in small caps, but is uses the same font size no matter
whether the source char is upper or lower case. the spacing seems to be right.
processing the dvi-file with dvips then gives what I expected to see: bigger
capitals if the char is upper case, smaller ones for lower case.

this examples shows the described behaviour:
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{times}

\begin{document}
\title{\sc Title}
\maketitle
\end{document}

obviously this is not a real problem since printed documents look ok. but
maybe it indicates problems not yet discovered...

I could offer some dvitype-output if usefull. any ideas?

best regards

              florian