florian theilmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I currently see some irritating behaviour in connection with xdvi (which is
> xdvi(k) version 22.40f) and the "times"-package:

> in latex I use \sc to change the font of the title in some articles. xdvi
> shows a title written in small caps, but is uses the same font size no matter
> whether the source char is upper or lower case.

Unfortunately this is a bug in 22.40f; see item 4 on:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=37009

I'd suggest that you upgrade to the current version (22.40r):
CTAN:dviware/xdvik/ (seems to have not yet appeared on the
german mirror, but it's on
ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/dviware/xdvik/)

Best,
Stefan