>|At the risk of labouring a point I have made in another post: it isn't
 >|just a question of building documentation.  It's about a method for
 >|creating a LaTeX document containing plenty of music snippets originally
 >|coded in M-Tx.

But the document in question *is* the main documentation for mtx. Would
everybody be happy if there were *both* a Makefile (to demonstrate how
to create a LaTeX document containing etc.) *and* a platform-independent
script to build the documentation from scratch without using any
"foreign" tools?

Bob