On Mon, 17 Jul 2017, Bob Tennent wrote:

Sorry Jean-Pierre. It's in my local (but not yet
distributed) version of musixtex.tex:

\def\tqsk{\off{0.7\elemskip}}

Of course you can re-define it as you wish.

Thanks. But then I dream of package that would count the accidentals at each line and compute the best \tqsk for this line.

Often I make a first version with tqsk=.5\elemskip, I put \alaligne at the line breaks I obtain and adjust the tqsk at each line afterwards. Otherwise the situation would be inextricable because the \tqsk influence the line breaks. Perhaps your package could adjust \tqsk at this step.

Bye,

Jean-Pierre Coulon