>|I've noticed that the scores I now make using
 >|PMX/MusiXTeX are not centered by default the same way
 >|they've been in the past. The problem is both vertical
 >|and horizontal. I'm pretty sure the change was not in
 >|PMX, since when I reprocess old .tex files that used to
 >|come out centered, they don't any more. I'm attaching a
 >|simple PMX source and the resulting .tex and .ps files.
 >|When I open the .ps in GSview, it is clearly off center
 >|to the left, and less obviously lower than before. Do
 >|others get the same .tex from the .pmx?

Yes.

 >|Do others get the same .ps from the .tex? Do others see
 >|the same shifts?

Yes, except for some differences in the embedded fonts.

 >|Can anyone help me sort this out? If worst comes
 >|to worst, is there a brute strength TeX or dvips
 >|command that will shift the entire image on a page both
 >|vertically and horizontally? Thanks for any help!

The commands to center material for *any* \hsize and \vsize
on letter-size paper are:

\hoffset=8.5in\advance\hoffset-\hsize\divide\hoffset2\advance\hoffset-1.0in
\voffset=11in\advance\voffset-\vsize\divide\voffset2\advance\voffset-1.0in

See Section 14.2 of musixdoc.pdf.

Bob T.