On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:13:54 +0200, Gérard Degrez wrote:

> I get an error message when I introduce a math symbol in a \highlighttext
> command:
> ! Missing $ inserted.
> <inserted text>
>                 $
> l.110 ^^Ipurity}
>
> ? x
> The command was
> \highlighttext{Electrodeless heating $\Rightarrow$ absence of
> metallic impurities due to electrode erosion, plasma of high chemical
> purity}
>
> Is this a normal behaviour?

As mentioned in the manual and FAQ, \highlighttext, being
implemented using the soul package, is extremely fragile.

I'm also usually stumped at the effort one has to invest
to typeset anything but plain text this way. In this case,
however, it is sufficient to `escape' the math by double
braces:

\highlighttext{Electrodeless heating {{$\Rightarrow$}} absence of
metallic impurities due to electrode erosion, plasma of high chemical
purity}

works.

The documentation of the soul package has more info on this
kind of problem.

Maybe I should extend the section in the FAQ on this
matter.

regards
Stephan

--
  Stephan Lehmke                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Fachbereich Informatik, LS I   Tel. +49 231 755 6434