Title: AOL Email

 Ghost Stories Online

Roman Funeral Procession

I am an archaeology student.

This summer just past I spent a month working at a Roman town, excavating a block along with about ninety other students, amateurs and a few professionals.

As well as working in the town (its all flat and under grass except the town wall which still surround it) we were living in tents within the walls. I was partnered with a girl for the area I was working and one day she was more than a little nervous.

She told me she had woken in the early hours of the morning to hear a Roman funeral procession passing down the street that our campsite covered, complete with professional mourners wailing and tambourines being shaken.

She said she just lay still, petrified, until she went back to sleep; she heard the procession go all the way down the street and out the town gates to the south.

The cemetery lines the road that exits at the south gate. She is not the type to make this up or imagine it, she was genuinely shaken.

I'm skeptical, but she thinks it happened!

Come one come all Mortals who are willing to stick their neck out for a vampire to feed upon.  We will be willing to share our Dark Gift to you mortals if you pass our test.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links