Free-Reprint Article Written by: Tom Howze
See Terms of Reprint Below.

*
*
*    thePhantomWriters@yahoogroups.com
*

This article has been distributed by:
http://Article-Distribution.com

Helpful Link:

Article Title:
==============

2007 World Series of Poker Main Event Day 1C

Article Description:
====================

The 2007 World Series of Poker Main Event Day 1C results were
better than Day 1A or Day 1B. There were 1,743 players at the
tables today compared with 1,545 for Day 1B and 1,287 for Day 1A.
Officials are saying that the last round tomorrow Day 1D should
have the greatest number of players which may be 1800 plus. So
far, the series has set numerous attendance records in tournament
events leading up to the Main Event.

Additional Article Information:
===============================

Distribution Date and Time: 2007-07-10 12:00:00

Written By:     Tom Howze
Copyright:      2007

For more free-reprint articles by Tom Howze, please visit:
http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/tom-howze.html

If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
us know where you have used this article, and we will
include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=5069&p=load

Versions Of Article Are Available at:
http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/h/main-event-day-1c.shtml#get_code

2007 World Series of Poker Main Event Day 1C
Copyright (c) 2007 Tom Howze
Just Gamble For Free
http://www.justgambleforfree.com/

The 2007 World Series of Poker Main Event Day 1C results were
better than Day 1A or Day 1B. There were 1,743 players at the
tables today compared with 1,545 for Day 1B and 1,287 for Day 1A.
Officials are saying that the last round tomorrow Day 1D should
have the greatest number of players which may be 1800 plus. So
far, the series has set numerous attendance records in tournament
events leading up to the Main Event. Event #3 No Limit Hold'Em
had 2,998 players in it and Event #49 No Limit Hold'em broke
that record with 3,151 entrants at the tables. Payout in total
for the first 54 events leading up to the Main Event has
surpassed $100 million USD. In Harrah's opinion they feel this
is the best Series ever, and with the turnouts we would have to
agree.

With the increase in numbers, there were more recognizable faces
in the field at this round of the Main Event. Seen were Humberto
Brenes who stood up after winning a $50,000 pot and told everyone
that, "The shark is coming!!!" waving his arms in the fashion
of a shark's jaws opening and closing. Humberto is using a toy
plastic shark as a card protector, and is telling everyone he
meets what he knows about sharks during tournaments in this
Series. Also there were 2003 Main Event Champion Chris
Moneymaker, Phil Ivey, 2004 Main Event Champion Greg Raymer,
former baseball player Jose Conseco, Gavin Griffin, 1991 Main
Event Champion Brad Daugherty, Grammy winning rap star Nelly
along with boxer Antonio Tarver, Jason Alexander from the
television show Seinfeld, Mike "The Mouth" Matusow, Men "The
Master" Nguyen and poker book author David Sklansky.

Regarding the hands that were played, some were crazy but a lot
of players had very good days. In one hand, both players had
pocket Aces, but when four more heart cards hit the felt one
player came out victorious! Another one for the books took place
when Darren Locke had pocket Aces, and after a flop of 8d 7c 2d
two other players went all-in with $17,500 each. Darren did what
is one of the hardest things to do in poker, he folded his pocket
Aces! Turned out he was right to do so as one player held pocket
7's the other pocket 8's giving each 3 of a kind and no help
came on the turn and river for anyone.

Outside of the norm, other things that take place can just amaze
a person. Planters is a sponsor of the World Series of Poker and
Mr. Peanut has been walking through the Amazon room waving and
doing pretty well  considering he has a 8 foot costume to wear.
At least he was doing well until player Mike Matusow thought it
would be funny to jump from his seat at the table and try to
tackle Mr. Peanut to the ground. While Matusow wasn't quite
successful, it was reported that other drunken spectators were
trying to do the same thing in the hallways leading to the Amazon
room. Some players work at keeping a good image, others need all
the help they can get. A few of the players that made the cut to
the next round are Carl Olson with 205,000 chips, Daniel Alaei
190,000, Darrell "Gigabet" Dicken 150,000, Chad Brown 120,000,
Hasan Habib 80,000, Main Event champions Chris Ferguson 58,000
Chris Moneymaker 50,000 and Robert Varkonyi 56,000, Allen
Cunningham 60,000, Humberto Brenes 40,000, Phil Gordon 32,000 and
Fabrice Soulier 50,000. Day 1C ended with 659 players that will
move on to Day 2B (survivors from 1C + 1D).

Tom Howze is a webmaster of an Internet site that relates to the
http://www.justgambleforfree.com/world-series-of-poker.htm 2007
World Series of Poker events, updates and results news and
http://www.justgambleforfree.com/Events1thru5.htm 2007
WSOP Reports on the tournament events themselves.

--- END ARTICLE ---

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/h/main-event-day-1c.shtml#get_code

TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
(Last Updated:  May 11, 2006)

  The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

*** Digital Reprint Rights ***

  Hyperlinks (clickable links).

  within the article.

*** Author Notification ***

  or her work. Tom Howze can be reached at:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  for Print Permission at:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

free tool:  http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

are owned and operated by Bill Platt of Stillwater, Oklahoma USA.

and opinion of its author, Tom Howze
http://www.justgambleforfree.com/