Free-Reprint Article Written by: Jon M. Stout
See Terms of Reprint Below.

*
*
*    thePhantomWriters@yahoogroups.com
*

This article has been distributed by:
http://Article-Distribution.com

Helpful Link:

Article Title:
==============

What Are Good Flavored Tea Blends?

Article Description:
====================

There are truly more flavored teas out there than we can taste.
To decide which you should try, there are several things you
should consider. Taking a look at these items will help you
narrow down the many choices in flavored tea.

Additional Article Information:
===============================

Distribution Date and Time: 2007-07-10 12:12:00

Written By:     Jon M. Stout
Copyright:      2007

Jon M. Stout's Picture URL:
   http://www.thephantomwriters.com/client-img/jon-stout.jpg

For more free-reprint articles by Jon M. Stout, please visit:
http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/jon-m_-stout.html

If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
us know where you have used this article, and we will
include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=5070&p=load

Versions Of Article Are Available at:
http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/s/good-flavored-tea-blends.shtml#get_code

What Are Good Flavored Tea Blends?
Copyright (c) 2007 Jon M. Stout
Golden Moon Tea
http://www.GoldenMoonTea.com

There are truly more flavored teas out there than we can taste.
To decide which you should try, there are several things you
should consider. Taking a look at these items will help you
narrow down the many choices in flavored tea.

 * The tea variety – If you're partial to one variety of tea
(black, oolong, white or green) you'll likely want to choose
your flavored teas from these favored varieties.

 * The quality of the tea – Choose only loose tea that is from
the highest tea grades and from early tea pluckings. Quality teas
come from gardens that are able to process the tea by hand,
ensuring the best flavor.

 * The quality of the flavorings – The best flavored teas use
only natural flavorings. Teas flavored with artificial flavors
will taste fake and be of inferior quality.

Another way to determine the best tea blends for you is to
consider the additions that blend best with the particular type
of tea you like to drink.

For example:

Black tea is the strongest of all teas, so it can handle more
pungent and stronger flavors that might overpower white or green
teas. Flavors like chocolate, coffee and strong fruits like
currants and plums are delicious with black tea, but might be too
strong for white or green tea. On the other hand, delicate
flavors like mango and pear might be overpowered by black tea.

Green tea has a very natural and plant like tea, with a mild
sweetness. This means that green tea can be paired with nearly
any fruit flavor. In addition, green tea works beautifully with
many herbs and spices, like mint and ginger, as long as they're
not too pungent.

White tea is very light and delicate and can be easily
overpowered. On the other hand, it can also be beautifully
enhanced by the right fruit or floral. Melon, licorice, pears,
peaches, jasmine and roses are all very good pairings with white
tea.

Oolong tea is a bit more difficult to predict because it has very
complex flavors on its own. Much of the flavor of the oolongs is
dependent upon how long the tea is fermented, as some oolongs are
fermented long enough to be very close to a black tea, while
others are fermented for a shorter time, making them closer to a
green tea. Many oolongs have a bit of a peach flavor, and
flavoring them with peach pieces enhances this natural flavor
quite nicely. Some oolong teas also have a nutty flavor, making
them pair well with nut flavors like almond.

In general, oolong teas can always be counted on to pair
beautifully with medium bodied fruit flavors, like oranges and
apples. In addition, they pair very well with medium spices like
cardamom and cinnamon. Finally, oolong teas can also be flavored
with some florals, like rose, jasmine and orchid, as long as the
oolong tea itself is not too strong in flavor.

Of course, many of us shop for flavored tea simply by seeing
what's available from our favorite tea shop and choosing the
flavors that sound good to us. Choosing our favorite tea blends
this way help us to choose based on the varieties and blends that
our favorite tea merchants are selling. This is a good way to
choose simply because it helps ensure that we're getting the
best quality in flavored teas. If you trust your tea merchant,
then you know he carries only the best.

Therefore, if I choose the flavors that sound good to me from
what he has to offer, I'm relatively certain that I'll love
what I've purchased. For example, I recently bought a coconut
pouchong tea, which is not a flavor combination I would have put
together on my own. However, it was a wonderful and refreshing
tea that I have really enjoyed.

Flavored teas are available in every imaginable combination of
tea and flavoring; some even with multiple flavorings. For
example, one of my all time favorite teas is pineapple ginger
green tea. When you consider all the possible combinations, it
seems impossible to try them all in your lifetime. For those of
you who are on the adventurous side, here are three of the
wildest flavored teas I've heard of :

 * Coffee flavored tea (for those who like the best of both
worlds, I suppose)
 * Chocolate and rose petal tea
 * Thyme Tea

Now, none of these teas are on my list of "must try" teas for the
future, but to some of you they might sound quite appealing. I'm
a fruit and spice tea person, personally, but I'm open to
suggestions by my favorite tea companies.

Finally, it's not a bad idea to choose your flavored teas for
their health benefits. We all know that green and white teas
contain the highest level of natural anti-oxidants of any teas.
So, combining these tea with other very healthy and anti-oxidant
laden botanicals gives you a real health and anti-aging
powerhouse. Consider a green or white tea flavored with the
following products for health reasons:

 * Pomegranate or blueberry – these two fruits contain the most
powerful anti-oxidants available in any foods.

 * Cinnamon – a powerful metabolism booster, cinnamon in tea can
help you lose weight

 * Melon – Melon contains GliSODin, an anti-oxidant that is
powerful in its own right, but is even more special because it
has been shown to help your body make its own anti-oxidants.

 * Ginger – great for those with stomach ailments, regular
consumption of ginger has even been shown to help heal ulcers.

So, choose your flavored teas using the method that suits you
best, but by all means choose some flavored teas to add to your
daily drinking repertoire. You'll never tire of the many
wonderful tastes you can find in flavored tea.

Jon M. Stout is Chairman of the Golden Moon
Tea Company. For more information about tea,
(http://www.goldenmoontea.com/greentea)
green tea (http://www.goldenmoontea.com/blacktea)
and black tea go to http://www.goldenmoontea.com

--- END ARTICLE ---

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/s/good-flavored-tea-blends.shtml#get_code

TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
(Last Updated:  May 11, 2006)

  The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

*** Digital Reprint Rights ***

  Hyperlinks (clickable links).

  within the article.

*** Author Notification ***

  or her work. Jon M. Stout can be reached at:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  for Print Permission at:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

free tool:  http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

are owned and operated by Bill Platt of Stillwater, Oklahoma USA.

and opinion of its author, Jon M. Stout
http://www.GoldenMoonTea.com

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

To have your article appear in this distribution list,
you must absolutely be a client of thePhantomWriters.

We offer a paid article distribution service, and this
is one of the more than 60 groups where we submit our
client articles. To learn more about our program, visit:

http://thePhantomWriters.com/x.pl/tpw/index.htm
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional