> I am really unclear on whether there will be fallout from tools removal.

I have scripts that use tiff2ps. ImageMagick can convert tiffs to ps, but some
versions of ImageMagick shift or scale the image. tiff2ps works.
I think that with a ps-based workflow, tiff2ps is the best tools to convert
tiffs to eps.
I don't mind building tiff2ps from source, but I'm hoping that if something
breaks, patches to tiff2ps.c will be accepted.

William