Holger Bruenjes via Tiff <tiff@lists.osgeo.org> writes:

> Hello
>
> Am 10/02/2024 um 15.10 schrieb Greg Troxel via Tiff:
>> Greg Troxel <g...@lexort.com> writes (in *September 2023*):
>>
>>> I am really unclear on whether there will be fallout from tools removal.
>>> Again not a complaint; I just don't like surprises.  My expectation is
>>> very little to maybe none, and that if so it will be run time not
>>> build/install/package time.  So if anyone updates tiff in a packaging
>>> system, and does or doesn't find issues, I would appreciate a note here
>>> from fellow packagers.  I'll post myself after updating.
>>
>> I updated tiff in pkgsrc on October 16.
>>
>> So far, the only thing broken is hylafax, which errors out at configure
>> time not finding tiff2ps.  I realize this is very well known, but I'm
>> not clear on packager consensus about how to deal with current situation.
>>
>> Hylafax's last change was in 2018:
>
> HylaFAX+ is actively under development by Lee Howard many years ago
>
> see -> https://hylafax.sourceforge.io
>
> and the change in project libtiff-> 4.6.0 is fatal for the tiff
> tools used in HylaFAX+.

OK, but it seems that "hylafax.org" is not maintained.   Does ~everybody
think that hylafax.org is no longer relevant to anything?

Is "HylaFAX+" a continuation fork viewed by the community as
established, and therefore this sourceforge repo is the proper upstream
for the package known as hylafax?  Or is that hylafax the package is not
maintained and packagers should add a hylafax+ package instead?

I see that HylaFAX+ had a release in January 2023 -- but apparently not
one that works with libtiff 4.6.0.