On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Pierre Ossman wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 08:31:41 -0400
> Brian Hinz wrote:
>

> > I put some debug print statements in and it seems to either in
> > vncHooksPolyRectangle or vncHooksPolyFillRect (oddly, RHEL5 seems to call
> > PolyRectangle and Fedora 16 calls PolyFillRect).  It would make sense for
> > it to be PolyRectangle since it's clearly the outlines of 1px wide boxes
> > that are not being drawn, but after comparing to the TurboVNC (which
> > doesn't exhibit the same problem) source code I have have not been able
> > figure out what's going on.  I noticed that every once in a while
> interior
> > box outlines are drawn, but never the outermost outline for a given
> window
> > or box.  Requesting a screen refresh from the client causes everything to
> > be drawn correctly until some part of the outline is damaged and then
> that
> > area is not re-drawn correctly unless another refresh is requested.
> >

> This particular thing might be a bit more difficult to find since it is
> implicitly drawn by the X server, rather than as a result of a client
> request. Perhaps there are special draw functions, or that the hooks
> don't work properly for these implicit things.

Hi Pierre,

I'm not sure if this means anything to you, but I found that if I set
'AlwaysSetDeferUpdateTimer=1' then outline boxes are partially drawn and
damaged regions are sometimes partially redrawn.  The location and extent
to which the lines are drawn is seemingly random, but it's never complete
(except when a screen refresh is requested).  Also, the value of
'DeferUpdate' does not seem to make any difference.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-brian