On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 07:48:11 -0400
Brian Hinz <bph...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I think this patch causes backgrounds to be drawn when they should not be
> (see the attached screen captures).  The borders seem to be correct in
> fluxbox though.

Ehm... That's extremely odd. The affected code just tracks changes. It
should not influence the actual drawing in any way.

I wonder if this is a different bug that just got exposed. Perhaps the
background is drawn, followed by the menu, and we know somehow miss
sending the update for the menu.

How easily reproduced is this? And have you disabled deferred updates?

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB               http://cendio.com