On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 8:00 AM, Pierre Ossman wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 07:48:11 -0400
> Brian Hinz wrote:
>

> > I think this patch causes backgrounds to be drawn when they should not be
> > (see the attached screen captures).  The borders seem to be correct in
> > fluxbox though.
> >

> Ehm... That's extremely odd. The affected code just tracks changes. It
> should not influence the actual drawing in any way.
>
> I wonder if this is a different bug that just got exposed. Perhaps the
> background is drawn, followed by the menu, and we know somehow miss
> sending the update for the menu.
>
> How easily reproduced is this? And have you disabled deferred updates?

Completely reproducible.  I only sent a couple of screenshots, but it's
nearly unusable because the background is painted over on almost any menu,
textbox, etc.  DeferUpdate=0 paints the background instantly, so that the
menu is never seen, setting it high shows the menu briefly and then it's
painted over.  Just like with the borders, a client refresh request
repaints everything correctly.