Hello
It is my first post on this mailing list. I came here due to the following
issue.
I am trying to connect to a VNC server running on a Windows desktop for
maintenance / support reasons.
I am using vncviewer on a CentOS Linux Desktop, coming from the last update of
the official package of CentOS 6.5, which is tigervnc version 1.1.0.
On Windows side a VNC server is being used, with the encryption option "always
on".
When attempting a remote connection from CentOS, I get the following error
message :
TigerVNC Viewer for X version 1.1.0 - built Feb  4 2014 05:24:41
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 TigerVNC Team and many others (see README.txt)
See http://www.tigervnc.org for information on TigerVNC.
Sat Apr  5 21:32:00 2014
 CConnection: Server supports RFB protocol version 4.1
 CConnection: Using RFB protocol version 3.8
 CConnection: No matching security types
 main:        No matching security types
So, according to this error message, it seems that the current version of
vncviewer is not up to date, at least regarding the RFP protocol version.
Any suggestion, how to proceed ? (of course my goal is still to use an
encrypted VNC connection).
Thanks a lot in advance for your suggestions.
Best regards
Boris