I'm having a problem where a modifier key (usually Alt) gets stuck on.
This seems to happen when I press multiple modifiers at once, and don't
release them in the correct order.

I'm currently using xorg-server 1.7.7 and Xvnc r4226 (built from svn).
I get the same results when using TigerVNC viewer 1.0.1 on Windows XP or
Vinagre 2.30.1 on Linux.

To reproduce:

1. Start a Xvnc server:  vncserver :1

2. Connect to the server, open a terminal window, and type a few words.
 (I'm using Gnome, but I don't think that matters.)

3. Press Alt, press Shift, release Alt, release Shift.

4. The left & right arrow keys now move a word at a time (Alt is stuck).

5. Press Alt, press Shift, release Shift, release Alt.

6. The left & right arrow keys now move a character at a time (Alt is
unstuck).

Sometimes just pressing and releasing Alt will unstick it, but sometimes
it doesn't.  The only sure way to unstick it is to repeat the
combination of modifiers that got it stuck, and release them in the
correct order.  Since I use Emacs, this happens fairly often, and it's
annoying.

--
Chris Madsen                                           c...@cjmweb.net