Hi

Since styrofoam is being rated as a building insulation, it's reasonable to
believe that the material on both sides is up around 1. I highly doubt that
somebody tossing styrofoam in walls is going to add a radiation factor ...

In our application we're talking about a metal block inside a metal enclosure,
polishing the surfaces could drop the emissivity by >10X.  If the budget
allows, you could gold plate the surfaces in addition to polishing them .....

Bob