Le 02/08/2011 04:35, Michael Sokolov a écrit :

<snip>
Henry Hallam<he...@pericynthion.org>  wrote:

The parameters you'll want for conversion between MCAT and mean solar
time are given daily in the IERS bulletins:
http://hpiers.obspm.fr/eop-pc/products/bulletins/bulletins.html
Yes, I know.

By making use of these you should be able to do much better than the
slightly inelegant leap second rubberization-over-10-seconds method
you had proposed.  Your rubber seconds should be smooth and
continuous, to the limit of the IERS measurement accuracy.
But that would be quite a bit harder. :-)  I'll leave that as an exercise
for Version 2.0; but I'll start with building 1.0 that does my simple
rubberization.

I am also looking to create a duck, quacking to MST. I have a T'bolt for a tick which configures easily for GPS time rather than UTC, though other GPS receivers could do as well as I wasn't thinking of using the 10MHz source. There are also receivers which provide GPS/UTC locked 10KHz signals as well as 1PPS, ex.Jupiter T that could be another option for you. . My original idea was to use the IERS data to steer the system clock frequency to tick to MST. However, I did not want to have to script a weekly data transfer from the IERS bullitins to get dUT1, and was hoping that I could get it from the GPS data. Unfortunately, it seems not to be avialable there, or at least I can't find it. Various radio time transmissions do carry it, ex. MSF in my neck of the woods, and as I have lashed up an MSF receiver I may start testing with that, or more likely a hybrid, just using the dUT1 data from MSF, as MSF spews legal time rather than TAI. However, even that would only be good if leap secs do not disappear as the current data format only allows for a dUT1 of < +/-1 sec with a resolution of 0,1 sec. As an aside, there does not appear to be anything in the American proposal to abandon leap seconds to get a larger dUT1 corrections into the radio transmissions.