On 12/6/2012 4:35 PM, Charles P. Steinmetz wrote:

 From my perspective, the most interesting development would be an offer
by someone with a very well equipped lab to test any DIY GPSDO with a
consistent protocol and publish the results.  That way, we could all see
how the various approaches compare with respect to the characteristics
that are most important to each of us.

This is interesting, and I could bite -- for a limited definition of "very well equipped."

What's *really* interesting, though, is the idea that collectively we might develop some standard measurement protocols that would be reproducible in a number of (amateur) labs.

John