I have worked on lots of equipment that was sealed with
a SLA inside, and I have never seen any sign of corrosion.
Only times I have seen a problem is in the case of UPS's that
were left discharged in unheated warehouses... the electrolyte
froze and the battery cases bulged greatly, but still no leakage.

-Chuck Harris