Another big honkin' wart on DATUM's nose:

The unit responds to the standard Trimble TSIP command to select output in UTC
or GPS time.  But, and I don't like this big but... I cannot deny,  it always
reports that it is in GPS time mode!  You have know way of knowing what kind of
time it is actually reporting.   Heavy sigh.   Lady Heather's solution to the
pollution is to always run the receiver in GPS mode and convert the time to UTC
if the user desires UTC time.   I'd love to give an atomic wedgie to whoever
programmed this turkey...

I have also found out that the "request almanac health" message is not the only
one that can cause repeated/dropped primary timing packets.  Pretty much any
message sent to the receiver can do it.  Lady Heather's solution to out of
sequence time messages?  Easy,  sweep 'em under the carpet and pretend they
never happened... sorry, but you get no little red ticks in your plot area or
log messages showing time sequence hiccups.