On the trunk version, you can change this on the company definition.
It changes on tasks. The others things: timesheets, sales, ... it uses the UoM defined on the related product.

Hello,

It seems that everything related to:
- planning
- attendance
- project / task
- timesheet
- cost for analytic account based on project/task or timesheet

is only based on hour. Is anybody knows if there is a way to manage it by day
(1 or 0.5 day is the granularity requested).

Indeed, I'm trying to implement OpenERP for my IT company, and everything is
based on day in our activity. Therefore, for the moment, this point is totally
blocking for me... Do we have to totally re write code for our needs ?

--
Fabien Pinckaers
CEO Tiny - OpenERP Editor

Great Achievements Start With Tiny Investments
  -- Marty, 2005