@stef one,

some time ago I discussed the isse with Tiny.be guys and they said you could
switch, but still is doesn't look straightforward for me (disclaimer, didn't
invest too much time on that either).
It was just before Fabien posted:
http://fptiny.blogspot.com/2008/09/reviewed-project-management.html

Also in his blog post, he clearly states:
"The unit of measure is now fully configurable per company so that you can work
in hours/days or weeks"
So I guess their is native support for it. As always, looking at the code (the
code is quite clean and readable unlike most others ERPs) is the best way to
find out how things work.

Still, generally speaking, if you don't like some unit, you could act et the
presentation layer level: not rewrite all, but instead adding (by inheritance)
computed fields with function + inverse function so that it will fill native
fields in the right unit and present custom fields in customized units while
keeping the native data model and operations on it.

Hope this helps. Still, when you find out how to parameter that hour/day stuff,
please explain us here in the forum to streamline the process for the next
interested peoples.

Oh, I forgot, I'm here speaking about the v5 (to be released very soon or
available on Launchpad trunk),  not the v4.2 where hours unit is hardcoded for
sure indeed.

Raphaël Valyi.

http://www.smile.fr

http://www.openerp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27828#27828