On Aug 13, 2007, at 12:51 PM, Joe Polastre wrote:

Our goal was that the wiki would be hosted at Harvard. The tinyos.net
site is hosted by Berkeley, and the Debian packages are hosted by
Stanford, so we thought that further distributing the administration
would make it easier for new resources to join and also make it clear
that it's a group effort.

Shouldn't the TinyOS Alliance host everything so that its easy and
clear for users to access the available resources?  Then there would
be no direct affiliation or conflict with Universities or Companies
(ala Apache, ISA, Gentoo, IETF, etc...).

Are you concerned about the logical host name, the physical location of the host, who administers it, or some combination? Once the Alliance has staff who can take over some of these responsibilities, passing the torch would be great; until then, I'd rather make it easier for volunteers and spread the community recognition around.

Phil