Michael,

I read your request differently. I read it as "What do people know about
psychology, but didn't know there is a psychologist and perhaps a book or a
study related to what they know." You can probably phrase it better than I.

For example, memories are reconstructed & malleable and are not photographs of
isolated events. Based on the work of Elizabeth Loftus and her studies.

Parents may inadvertening reinforce certain fears and behaviors. Based on the
work of Thorndike and later Skinner.

The first part of my examples list the behaviors that people "know." The second
part is the intellectual or based on the studies and books of......

JIm

Jim Matiya
Florida Gulf Coast University
jmat...@fgcu.edu
Contributor, for Karen Huffman's Psychology in Action, Video Guest Lecturettes
John Wiley and Sons.

Using David Myers' texts for AP Psychology? Go to
http://bcs.worthpublishers.com/cppsych/
High School Psychology and Advanced Psychology Graphic Organizers,
Pacing Guides, and Daily Lesson Plans archived at www.Teaching-Point.net