Allen Esterson wrote:
May I suggest an alternative thread in which TIPSters deny any familial relationship with psychology notables. In my case, please be aware that I have no relationship with Aaron Esterson, co-author, with R. D. Laing, of *Sanity, Madness, and the Family: Families of Schizophrenics* (1964), and author of *The Leaves of Spring: The Dialectics of Madness” (1970). (The latter is a detailed study of one of the families discussed in *Sanity, Madness, and the Family*.)
Darn, Allen, and I had thought you *were* Aaron Esterson all this time! (just kidding).

Well I am not related to D. M. Green of signal detection theory fame...

D. M. Green and J. A. Swets, Signal Detection Theory and Psychophysics, Wiley, 1966.

...though I would have no problem with it if I were.

Nor am I related to the Christopher D. Green who pitched four games for the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1984. :-)

Regards,

--
Christopher D. Green
Department of Psychology