There is a HUGE east coast bias in terms of interest in teaching in general.
All of the major (and most of the minor) teaching conferences and workshops are
on the east coast and are always sell-outs. I have organized 2 workshops in San
Diego and had a very hard time getting attendance numbers. There just seems to
be more interest in tuning into teaching enhancement on the east coast. I don't
know why.

Annette

Annette Kujawski Taylor, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology