Margie,

Along with the manuals, you might find the following resources useful:

SPSS tutorials available online:

http://www.uga.edu/psychology/resources/SPSSaug2004/Structure/SturcturePageSPSS.html

(The links don't show up on the left in my browser, but if you run the cursor
over them you can click on the links.)

http://www.indstate.edu/oit/cirt/research/spsssupport.htm
(video tutorials)

More statistical resources can be found here
http://jonathan.mueller.faculty.noctrl.edu/crow/topicmethods.htm

Also, resources on using APA format can be found here
http://jonathan.mueller.faculty.noctrl.edu/crow/student.htm#writing

Jon

===============
Jon Mueller
Professor of Psychology
North Central College
30 N. Brainard St.
Naperville, IL 60540
voice: (630)-637-5329
fax: (630)-637-5121
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://jonathan.mueller.faculty.noctrl.edu (
http://jonathan.mueller.faculty.noctrl.edu/ )

>>> Margie Hardy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/31/2008 7:52 AM >>>
Hi Everyone,
For the past couple of years, we have used Green & Salkind's "Using
SPSS" manual and CD in the lab portion of our Stats & Research Design
Class.  In browsing the web, however, I ran across "Discovering
Statistics Using SPSS" by Andy Field.  Have any of your used this
manual--or any other--sucessfully in your classes?  Oh, by the way, our
version of SPSS is 15.

Also, do you have any suggestions for brief books on "How to Write in
APA style"?  I'm tempted here to just direct students to some good websites.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Margie Hardy