From: Ken Steele [mailto:steel...@appstate.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:36 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: [tips] No-Show penalty -- still in use?

It is the beginning of the semester and the faculty are hot to
snuff the infamous no-show with various consequences like extra
requirements, extra participations, loss of points, etc.

I seem to remember a discussion that concluded that these kinds
of consequences were no longer permitted.

Can anyone point me to the definitive answer to this question
(definitive for 9/25/09, speed of change may vary with location.)

Ken

Kenneth M. Steele, Ph.D.                  steel...@appstate.edu
Professor and Assistant Chairperson
Department of Psychology          http://www.psych.appstate.edu