FWIW we are keeping our no-show penalty; without it we found that student
participants just blew off their appointments. We consider it a part of
participant ethics to show up or cancel in a timely fashion, or understand that
there is a consequence when a perfectly good space has been kept open that
another participant could have signed up for, and for which researchers
allotted time. It is punitive to a large number of individuals when someone
takes a space and then doesn't use it for no good reason. (we do tend to be
flexible with unforeseen events)

Annette

Annette Kujawski Taylor, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology