Allen Esterson wrote:
Hey, folks. The article was a parody of Gladwell *written by Craig Brown*. Craig Brown would be amazed that it led to a serious exchange on the meaning of Christmas! http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/comedy/craigbrown.shtml

Well, now, that's hilarious. It seemed "obvious" to me that it was
intended by "Gladwell" not as a serious piece, but as as a sendup, (just
look at the joke names of the people "interviewed": Sanjive, Guff of
Malarkey College, Bunquum). It also seemed odd to me that Mike didn't
realize it was a sendup. But now Allen informs us that it was a sendup,
OF Gladwell, not BY him. Guess I got had.

Chris Green
York U.
Toronto