Oh, no!! I'm having a paradigmatic identity crisis!  I am a boomer (born 1957: rock
on, dead Elvis) and the parent of a 12-year-old daughter. You would think that this is
all you'd need to know about me to know where I stand on the issue of "The Nurture
Assumption."  Blaming my daughter's genes, friends, etc., for her oh-so-difficult
nature sure makes a lot of sense to me.Let any contrary evidence be damned.

On the other hand, we boomers grew up blaming our parents for everything (thank you,
you neo-Freudian dears, so very, very much!). It seems as if I've always known that
it's my parents' fault I turned out this way (in fact, if you're tired of these public
displays of self-indulgent blather, I'll give you my parents' home phone number). A
pox on you, Judith Harris!!

What is a guilt-free boomer parent to do??!!

Ad Hominemally Yours,

Jeff

--
Jeffry P. Ricker, Ph.D.          Office Phone:  (480) 423-6213
9000 E. Chaparral Rd.            FAX Number: (480) 423-6298

"Science must begin with myths and with the criticism of myths"
                  Karl Popper

Listowner: Psychologists Educating Students to Think Skeptically (PESTS)
http://www.sc.maricopa.edu/sbscience/pests/index.html