Hello again -

It was written:

"First, there really isn't a 0 influence model, as I understand Harris.  She
is arguing that environmental influences are very contexutal.  Thus parents
DO have influence.  They influence how children behave with their parents.
But when children leave home, the outside environment becomes a more
important influence in how children behave OUTSIDE the home.  Since, in our
culture, we spend most of our (adult)lives outside the homes of our
upbringing, these outside infuences (mostly peers in Harris' model, but not
limited to peers) are the most important environmental factors influencing
our adult characteristics."

Wouldn't this kind of thing generalize though to how we behave with authority figures
(bosses and higher status non-peer types?) Not all of our interactions outside the
home are with peers - even when we grow up (or are supposed to grow up.)  Or am I
missing something?

Nancy Melucci
ELAC