Hey folks,

Any of you know the answers to this student question (below)? She's
asking two things: one concerning NY state licensure regulations, and
another concerning her chances to get a psych Ph.D. after doing an
MSW.

>What do you know about psychology in New York State? My friend just
>graduated from Alfred Univ. with a masters in counseling. She told
>me that she learned in the middle of her graduate studies that she
>can not get a job in NYS because there is not licensure for
>counselors or something. She recommended I go to grad school for my
>Masters of Social work. I found the program at Univ of Buffalo, and
>I think the MSW is great for what I want to do (domestic violence).
>But, am I totally ruining my chances for ever going to get my
>doctorate in psyc?

Thanks,

         --> Mike O.

  Michael S. Ofsowitz               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   University of Maryland - European Division
      http://faculty.ed.umuc.edu/~mofsowit