Thanks for responding.

To answer your questions:
1. The file that keeps getting changed is called 'TN5250JPROD.props',
which is used in one type of session. Surprisingly, the date/time stamp
of the file doesn't change. I have another props file that doesn't
change. The file will change when I manually kill all of the java
processes or restart the computer.

2. I don't have a problem manually editing the keyboard file. My biggest
challenge was figuring out what to call the '+' key on the numeric
keypad.

3. To run the emulator, I am calling a file called, 'tn5250j.jnlp' The
content of the file is below. I am not versed enough in Java to
understand what it is doing. Maybe this will help:

tn5250.jnlp
-------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- JNLP File for tn5250j Application -->
<jnlp
       spec="0.2 1.0"
       codebase="http://lewweb/as400";
       href="tn5250j.jnlp">
<information>
<title>tn5250j</title>
<vendor>Kenneth J. Pouncey</vendor>
<homepage href="http://sourceforge.net/tn5250j"/>
<description>tn5250j - 5250 emulator written in java</description>
<description kind="short">tn5250j - 5250 emulator</description>
<icon href="wowlogo.jpg"/>
<offline-allowed/>
</information>
<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.3+" inital-heap-size="64m" max-heap-size="256m"/>
<jar href="tn5250j.jar" main="true" download="eager"/>
<jar href="jython.jar"/>
<jar href="log4j-1.2.8.jar"/>
<jar href="itext.jar"/>
<jar href="jythonlib.jar"/>
</resources>
<application-desc main-class="org.tn5250j.My5250"/>
</jnlp>

I haven't tried Client Access, yet. We're not licensed for it. We have
Bosanova, but I prefer TN5250J (although I do like their file transfer
utility. It's almost as easy as ODBC).

If you need a tester for Vista, I'd be happy to volunteer.

Michael Schwarz