on 1/5/2001 9:52 PM, "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Oh, I believe you just fine :-).  And the record will show that I've been
> pretty responsive to those bug reports, too.  :-) :-)

Yes and that is MOST appreciated. This is yet another shining example of why
Open Source Works.

I hope all you Sun execs who are reading this will give Craig a big fat
raise and as many resources as he needs. I'm not kidding.

> I objected to your blanket assertion that saving and reloading sessions across
> a restart is broken (when it works in many circumstances), and therefore
> theoretically means we should hold up a beta for it.

I didn't even mention a -1 for a reason. :-)

> The whole point of going to beta is to increase the exposure of Tomcat 4.0 so
> we can eradicate the remaining bugs as quickly as possible.  That serves all
> of our interests better than waiting for whatever but you find on Saturday,
> and the next one on Sunday, and so on ...

I still don't understand the version number mentality, but whatever. :-)

> Sounds like a good path of investigation for tomorrow morning.

Great. Thanks. This one is a showstopper for Scarab development right now.
:-(

-jon