[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> [...]
> Regarding the PMC meeting - it seems all depends on the support and votes
> that a 3.3 release proposal can get.

That's exactly right.

> The main concern ( or at least my understanding of it ) was that 3.3
> doesn't have enough support, and I'm ... well, you can read Jon's and
> Pier's postings so far to get a feeling what kind of person I am.
> [...]
> P.S. the other conclusion of the PMC ( as I understand it ) was that I'm a
> bad person that can't be trusted, and all work for 3.2 was done by Craig
> alone ( my apologies to  Larry, Henri and Nacho ).

It saddens me to see this type of comment after the meeting. I'm only
going to say this once and I will not get into a discussion about it
again. *No one* has said anything about you being a bad person in these
discussions, or that the code is bad, or anything like that. As was
clear in the meeting yesterday, the whole issue is about the fact that
major refactoring work has continued on the HEAD without a release
plan and agreed upon goals, and a concern that releasing the result
without guarantees that there are committers willing to supporting it
can tarnish Tomcat's reputation. It's *not* personal, it's about
making sure that the development is done in a way supported by the
committers in the project and in line with our guidelines.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gefion Software         http://www.gefionsoftware.com