On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 23:39, Henri Gomez wrote:

> > Before I make any changes to the CVS, I'd like to know what everyone
> > thinks. So, here are the choices:
> >
> > [ ] Keep it as is and send all DIR_MAGIC_TYPE requests to Tomcat
> > [ ] Keep it as is, but only if DIR_MAGIC_TYPE can be turned on/off
> > [ ] Remove DIR_MAGIC_TYPE handling altogether
> > [ ] Make the change
> > [ ] Make the change, but only if DIR_MAGIC_TYPE can be turned on/off
>
> For someone who have all its tomcat behind a webserver, I'll be to have the
> requests sent to Tomcat since my web servers won't have a directory created for
> all the webapps available on tomcats farms behind.

If you don't have the directories that Apache can see, then this latest
change would still work for you (i.e. anything that is not an explicit
index page like index.jsp or a directory goes to Tomcat). So, I'm
guessing this would be a vote for 'Make the change'.

> Alternativly I don't want to receive index.php or index.pl in Tomcat, and so
> want  only the one which match with JkMount (in mod_jk 1.2 way), ie JkMount
> *.jsp ajp13.

That would be handled by Apache anyway through the usual DirectoryIndex
machinery, so no problems there.

Bojan