> - Another cause to worry is the comment in apache2 core.c:
>
>   There are two options regarding what the "name" of a server is.  The
>  "canonical" name as defined by ServerName and Port, or the "client's
>   name" as supplied by a possible Host: header or full URI.  We never
>   trust the port passed in the client's headers, we always use the
>   port of the actual socket.

Reviewed the code ( briefly ) and it seems there is a contradiction
between this comment and the actual behavior the apache2 has..

Apache2 allways obey a Host: header if present in the request ( for
relative request uris of course) .. for both Servername and port, maybe
this comment is directed to not use internally the parsed port only the
real socket port, i dont know..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega