> I'm looking to do a Security Audit on the current Tomcat 5.0 codebase. I
> would like to collect as more as information as where you think I should
> look at (code, security hole, etc.). I'm planning to do the audit using
> the default SecurityManager. Rigth now, I have started looking at:

Although their goals and technology are different (an OS written in C),
I believe anyone interested in helping might learn a lot by looking at OpenBSD (a
free UNIX-like OS whose entire code base has been subjected to a careful (and
ongoing!) security audit). They have some papers online;
go to www.openbsd.org and look at press.html (which has links to various
papers). Look for "auditing".