Harmsen, Jan wrote:
Remy Maucherat wrote:

Any update on this ? This is obviously a big problem if the issue is valid, so I'd really appreciate your help.

Hi Remy,

I set up a test case and it looks like it's a Tomcat-5 problem.
The webapp works on Tomcat-4.1, on Tomcat-5.0 the resources within
xsd.resources.jar cannot be reached.

I did examine the Eclipse code, and it is invalid (you must not attempt to access other CL controlled resources based on another URL which was returned by the CL).

However, I did add a workaround in the CL which makes your test case work, but which has a performance penalty on first access to a JAR. I think avoiding resource leak is more important.

Remy