Hans Schmid wrote:
Thanks, Mladen,

as long as this disabled feature does not prevent the failover case, I am fine
;)

OK. So basically you have two tomcat boxes where the second is used only when you wish to put the first on maintenance?

Both Tomcats are always running, but the second one is used only for:
1.) Failover
2.) Maintenance switch -> after this the roles of both Tomcats have switched
(TC-01 becomes standby)

Ah, now I see your point. If disabled worker will be never used unless enabled again, but for failover you will need to set the 'redirect' to match that failover node. Then regardless if it's disabled it will be used (of course if not being in error state too).

redirect is ment to be used for that. You can even make redirect to a
group, thus having not only one, but rather n hot standby nodes.

In short: If initialy disabled worker will be never used (not even
for failover) unless some other worker has a redirect pointing to it,
all that untill the worker is enabled again.
If disabled during runtime the worker will not accept connections
without matching sessionid, while preserving exiting one.

Regards,
Mladen.