----- Original Message -----
From: "Jess Holle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 3:12 PM
Subject: Re: Web apps vs. Logging vs. Tomcat

> Bill Barker wrote:

MBeans
> >at the corresponding points of the Engine's Lifecycle, as well as
handling
> >JMX registration and un-registration.
> >

> Cool!  Thanks!
>
> Do I have to actually implement Lifecycle or just provide these
> methods?  Will a standard/dynamic MBean do or does it have to be a model
> MBean?  [Mine extend StandardMBean and implement MBeanRegistration at
> the moment.]

You just need to provide the methods (if you wanted to code against
Catalina, you'd just create a LifecycleListener :).  This is a hook into
commons-modeler, so you technically could use a plain old JavaBean.
Otherwise, DynamicMBeans probably work best (or, at least give you the most
control).

> --
> Jess Holle

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of
this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through
the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information,
such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification
numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.