Remy Maucherat wrote:

I also added fixes recently so that loggers are not accessed too early, which was a similar issue (some loggers would be have be improperly associated with the container classloader). There's lots of tweaking needed with logging overall, it's sort of to be expected.

I'll have to check out the latest 5.5 as that's basically the other problem I was seeing. Tomcat using my log4j and my log4j.properties, but was doing so before my first ServletContextListener was called, so I had not had a chance to install my LoggerRepositorySelector. Thus these loggers were in my web app but not using the LoggerRepository I designated for my web app...

--
Jess Holle