From: Peter Alfors [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 4:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: tomcat on win2k

I thought that I tried that.  I was not online however.   Therefore, when I
prefix my URLs with Http:// IE asks me to connect to the internet.  I then
choose 'work offline' and the page is not found.
I will try it again tonight, maybe I missed in my MANY attempts to get it to
work on IE.  :)

Thanks for the info,
    Pete

CPC Livelink Admin wrote:

> IE is pretty stupid that way.  It does it to me and I am online all the
> time. The trick is to put the http:// in there explicitly, then it won't
> convert to local:8080

IE
> (i
> believe 5.5).
> IE does not want to let me connect to 'localhost:8080' offline.  It
changes
> the
> address to 'local:8080'.
> Running the examples in Netscape 4.01 worked fine though.
>
> Pete
>
> Lakshmi Bhetanabhotla wrote:
>
> > Hi ,
> > I wanted to know if this servlet engine..( TOMCAT) is supported on
Win2K.