From: John Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.0.2 and IIS
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 11:27:06 -0400

Well, since the error messages are complaining about "localhost 80", I would assume that you should either:

1. consider putting Tomcat on 8080, and IIS back on 80

or

2. analyzing the registry and your properties files and look for anything that has port 80 specified and switch it to 8080.

Switching Tomcat back and forth on ports is easy. I would think the easiest way for you to do this would be:

1. leave IIS on 80.
2. switch Tomcat between 80 and 8080 as needed, when on 80, turn IIS on/off as needed so there are no conflicts.

That way your environment will match the deployment environment, and still give you the flexibility to use Tomcat in standalone mode for your own development with little fuss.

John