Pradeep Gummi wrote:
Hi Ulrich,
I think you should get them working by placing the classes in the CATALINA_HOME/common/classes folder or the jars in the lib folder. This would share the classes in all web apps. There you would be giving the information of the catalina and system class loaders.

I put the classes in CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib and CATALINA_HOME/shared/classes, which is where the Tomcat docs suggest I should put classes to share between all webapps.

However, I cannot update the classes now without restarting Tomcat, therefore I would like to have the classes in their own webapps, so they could be selectively deployed and undeployed.

Ulrich