On Friday, September 5, 2003 at 1:20:00 PM, John Turner wrote:

<snip>
JT>   The other tool I've used in the past to
JT> great success is Atomz (http://www.atomz.com).  The "trial" is
JT> never-ending, so an index of up to 500 "pages" is free.  Pages also =
JT> URL.  The nice thing about Atomz is that it will spider your site and
JT> index the content returned, thus it works quite well for dynamic sites.

JT> In other words, it will take a URL like
JT> "http://your.domain.com/content.jsp?id=512&view=full"; and index the
JT> content returned from that, not the actual text string of the URL.

<snip>

I use atomz, because it's free. There are a couple of issues with it:

- the template for the search results is pretty hard to get right.
- because of the spidering, session tracking through the URL is not a
good idea. It gets up to the limit of 500 *very* quickly, as the
session id part of the URL makes it think that it's a whole new page.
Luckily my web site isn't really dependent on sessions, so I was able
to get round that (but it does mean that I can't use the struts
rewriting tags...).

Otherwise I'm very happy with atomz.

--
Louise Pryor