I have been a tomcat user for a while and have no trouble installing it on
NT machines.

However we have just moved over to Windows xp. I have just tried installing
version 4.1.27 and 4.1.24 and I get the error attached to this mail.

I have java 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 installed and tried using both and Tomcat is not
happy either way.

btw..ANT version 1.5.x works fine on the same machine.

Anyone had similar issues?

C:\>cd %CATALINA_HOME%

C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24>cd bin

C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\bin>catalina run
Using CATALINA_BASE:   c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\
Using CATALINA_HOME:   c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       c:\j2sdk1.4.1
"c:\j2sdk1.4.1\bin\java"
Exception during startup processing
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:992)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:857)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:176)

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this
message in error
please delete it and any files transmitted with it, after notifying [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Any opinions expressed in this message may be those of the author and not necessarily
those of
the company.  The company accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness
of any
information contained herein.  This message is not intended to create legal relations
between the
company and the recipient.
Recipients should please note that messages sent via the Internet may be intercepted
and that
caution should therefore be exercised before dispatching to the company any
confidential or
sensitive information.

Mizuho International plc
Bracken House, One Friday Street, London EC4M 9JA. TEL. 020 7236 1090
Registered in England No. 1203696. Registered office as above. Authorised and
regulated by the Financial
Services Authority. A member of the London Stock Exchange. A member of Mizuho
Financial Group headed
by Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.